As you may have noticed there have not been any new release notes posted to this blog. The reason is that APOonline has moved to a rolling release development model. Thanks to a structural change from the last server upgrade APOonline is able to more quickly bring you new features without interrupting your daily use of APOonline. Any large improvements will still be noted here but every bug fix or new feature will no longer be documented here. Thank you for using APOonline!
APOonline version 1.4.2 has just been released! Your APOonline websites have been automatically updated! See below for the full list of changes. If you are experiencing any problems please head over the the Support Center and create a support ticket. Enjoy!
- Events now have the following visibility settings: Chapter Only, Section, Region, or any APO chapter may view
- Events now have the following RSVP settings: Chapter Only, Section, Region, or any APO brother may sign-up
- Events may now be “linked” between chapters. This allows for one chapter to create an event and another to add that event to their own chapter’s calendar with their own requirement credit specific to their own chapter. For example Alpha Zeta Chapter can create an inter-section event “AZ vs. AZK Basketball”. Then the Alpha Zeta Kappa Chapter can link to that event and offer 1 Inter-Chapter Event point for all AZK attendees whereas AZ offers 1 Fellowship Event point for all of it’s attendees. Two chapters, one event.
- Personal profile information now has privacy settings. Default to only visible by your own chapter
- You now use your e-mail address to log into the APOonline system. Your personal e-mail address must be unique throughout the APOonline system.
- You may list a secondary “contact” e-mail to your profile. This may be a shared e-mail address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ability to set which e-mail address to send e-mail notifications
- When registering at an APOonline website you may now link a previous APOonline account. One single universal login across all APOonline sites.
- All chapter, sectional, regional, or national awards are now shown on your profile
- Ability to create custom membership statuses (ex. Abroad status)
- Ability to assign custom requirements to custom membership statuses
- Fixed problematic apostrophes in notification e-mails
- Added Chapter, Section, and Region Feeds. These feeds will show recent activity throughout those spheres such as brothers attending events and updating their profiles
- Added Chapter, Section and Region Calendar. View all events throughout those areas on one calendar
- Upgraded the filtering on calendars: Hover chapter to highlight their events. Click once to tag their events. Click again to hide their events. Click again to show them again.
- Fixed events showing requirement credit is per shift when it’s really not
- Upgraded Membership Statistic page to make more useful charts
- Fixed nicknames messing up the auto complete drop down boxes
- Event coordinators may now send mass e-mails to their event attendees
- Added gender to profile for stats and English purposes
- Fixed profile images not being resized. Please re-upload your profile image to make your profile page load faster
- APOonline Billing page to view past invoices and check if your chapter owes anything. Also you may pay online from here. (PayPal payment still have to be manually approved before they will show up on this page. In the next update this process will be automatic).
Region and Section Sites
- all of the above and…
- New membership statistics to account for custom membership statuses
- Ability to create Region and Section awards and give them to any brother in your region/section
APOonline version 1.3.2 has just been released! Your APOonline websites have been automatically updated! See below for the full list of changes. If you are experiencing any problems please head over the the Support Center and create a support ticket. Enjoy!
- Updated: Profile now suggests majors that are similar to your brothers (eliminate ‘Biology’ & ‘Biology Major’ duplications)
- Updated: Profile now forces the ‘Fall 2002’ style input (to allow for better statistics)
- Added: Chapter Family/Group Manager. You may now appoint an officer to manage the families/groups within the chapter and move people around or into families/groups.
- Added: Updating your own family/group information is now disallowed by default. To allow change the option on the Brother Privileges configuration page.
APOonline and Tony Schmidt, founder of APOonline, were featured in the latest issue of Business Lexington Magazine. The article titled, “Online order from campus chaos,” takes a look into the history of APOonline and follows Tony’s journey as an entrepreneur. For the full article please read it on Business Lexington’s website here: http://www.bizlex.com/Articles-c-2011-02-15-97029.113117-Online-order-from-campus-chaos.html
APOonline version 1.3.1 has just been released! Your APOonline websites have been automatically updated! See below for the full list of changes. If you are experiencing any problems please head over the the Support Center and create a support ticket. Enjoy!
- Fixed: All pages are now more printer friendly.
- Added: Chapter wide family tree.
- Added: Membership Statistics.
- Added: Service Statistics.
- Added: Ability to add brothers to family tree who do not have accounts.
- Added: Added gender and nicknames to user profiles.
- Fixed: E-mail notifications for new messages not linking properly.
- Fixed: Carlified the photo album approval process.
- Added: Added family name to profile page.
- Fixed: Allow for event coordinator to send mass e-mail to attendees.
- Added: Internal messaging. From a brother’s profile you may now send them a message.
APOonline was featured at the Lexington Venture Club’s January Meeting for exceptional entrepreneurship! In attendance was Lee Todd, President of the University of Kentucky, and Jim Gray, Mayor of Lexington, KY.
At this spectacular event Tony Schmidt, Founder & CEO of APOonline, was presented with this award and had a short film (link to be added when available) was shown showcasing his company. APOonline was one of two companies across all of Lexington, KY chosen to be featured at this event. APOonline was also featured in the Lexington Venture Club’s program of local companies [pdf] and highlighted as the 5Across Champion, a local entrepreneurial competition.
“Founded in 2002, the Lexington Venture Club is proud to be a catalyst by which entrepreneurs, service providers, and investors can work together to develop a strong economy in Lexington. Your involvement in the Lexington Venture Club helps to forge a bright future for this community, with the understanding that our success depends on our ability to connect great ideas with interested investors. Successful ventures result from strong personal contacts. Experience has shown that what investors and entrepreneurs need most is each other!” –Lexington Venture Club website
Rock-stars of the entrepreneurial world
Here’s the video that was presented at the event featuring APOonline’s founder, Anthony Schmidt, as an entrepreneurial rock-star:
APOonline version 1.3 has just been released! Your APOonline websites have been automatically updated! See below for the full list of changes. If you are experiencing any problems please head over the the Support Center and make a ticket. Enjoy!
- Updated: Added ‘No families listed’ box to the View Brothers by Family page.
- Added: Ability to collect dues online via PayPal. Accepts most major credit cards, banks, and PayPal balances. Keep in mind you will have to pay PayPal’s transaction fees!
- Updated: Completely re-worked how APOonline deciphers time and daylight savings time changes. This is a large update, if you are experiencing problem please contact me immediately at email@example.com.
- Fixed: Attendees now show up on the Complete Event page in the same order as they signed up.
- Added: New About Me section on the profile page. Also made the profile page neater.
- Added: Mass Migrate Brothers feature to promote multiple brothers to a new status (eg. move entire pledge class to active status).
- Added: Themes! You can now customize the look and feel of your website with a theme painter configuration tool!
- Added: Custom webpages! You can now create any number of webpages for your website. Pro version only.
- Added: Custom tabs! Create any type of header tab for your website. Pro version only.
- Added: Custom membership reports exportable to excel or sortable online format.
- Added: Custom event reports exportable to excel or sortable online format.
Awesome Inc., a local company designed “to establish & grow high tech, creative, and entrepreneurial companies and communities,” has just awarded APOonline the 5Across Champion! 5Across is an entrepreneurial competition for start up companies in the Lexington, KY area to present a 5 minute, 5 slide pitch in front of a panel of 5 judges. Back in May 2010 APOonline won the semi-final competition and advanced to the final round. On December 15, 2010 Tony Schmidt with APOonline was crowned 5Across Champion!
APOonline version 1.2.7 has just been released! Your APOonline websites have been automatically updated! See below for the full list of changes. If you are experiencing any problems please head over the the Support Center and make a ticket. Enjoy!
- Fixed: Only officers, advisors, and the big of a brother can see that brothers requirement progress from the Manage page.
- Added: APOonline links and a link to the new APOonline Community site!!!.http://www.apoonline.org/community
- Added: New Custom Membership Report! Generate a report containing any information in your chapter’s database including brother information and requirement progress.
- Added: New Event Report! Generate a report containing all events and attendees.
- Updated: Tables now highlight the current row to make view easier.
- Added: Added reCAPTCHA to registration form to minimize spam registrations.
- Updated: Added officer positions to My Brothers page.
- Updated: Added individual totals to records page.
- Updated: Fixed sign up option images.
- Fixed: Names with apostrophes were getting incorrect dues payment values.
- Fixed: A few day light savings time issues.
- Fixed: Allowed variable pledge class during registration.
- Fixed: Event Calendar being rendered off the screen.
APOonline version 1.2.6 has just been released! Your APOonline websites have been automatically updated! See below for the full list of changes. If you are experiencing any problems please head over the the Support Center and make a ticket. Enjoy!
- Added: Event Date Locked: After this date attendees may no longer remove themselves from an event.
- Added: Award Descriptions: Now you may add descriptions of your chapter awards to better pass along the tradition.
- Added: Recurring Event Creation! You may now, upon creation of an event, set up recurring times to fill your event calendars more quickly!
- Added: Per Event or Per Shift requirement credit for events that use shifts. Allows you to designate if a brother should receive X service hours per shift, or per event.
- Updated: New, pretty, smart-calendars to make event creation easier.
- Added: Ride status: When you sign up for an event you can easily indicate if you have a car and are willing to take people!
- Updated: Cleaner sign up options panel for quick sign ups!
- Added: Printable reports of entire chapter’s requirement progress (per requirement).
- Update: Increased page load speed with new jQuery upgrades.
- Update: New, pretty, smart-search text boxes making finding brothers easier.
- Update: Filter Calendar Events: You may now filter your event calendar by what requirements it satisfies
- Fixed: Clicking events on homepage upcoming events panel will now appear in floating iframe as intended.
- Fixed: Logging in from the event calendar will appropriately redirect you back to the calendar.
Region & Section Sites
- Fixed: Calendar of events now correctly sorts all events by time of event