10. ðˆð ð¬ðšð¯ðžð¬ ð«ðžð¬ð¨ð®ð«ðœðžð¬.
Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent on local improvements. Volunteers are the reason that some organizations are able to grow their resources and give to those that need it most.
9. ðˆð'ð¬ ð ð¨ð¨ð ðŸð¨ð« ð²ð¨ð®.
When you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns -reducing stress and the physical symptoms that come along with it
8. ð•ð¨ð¥ð®ð§ððžðžð«ð¬ ð ðšð¢ð§ ð©ð«ð¨ðŸðžð¬ð¬ð¢ð¨ð§ðšð¥ ðžð±ð©ðžð«ð¢ðžð§ðœðž.
You can test out a career or, (like we did with ASB last year), learn how to build a deck!
7. ðˆð ð©ð«ð¨ð¦ð¨ððžð¬ ð©ðžð«ð¬ð¨ð§ðšð¥ ð ð«ð¨ð°ðð¡ ðšð§ð ð¬ðžð¥ðŸ-ðžð¬ððžðžð¦.
Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficacy.
6. ð•ð¨ð¥ð®ð§ððžðžð«ð¢ð§ð ð¬ðð«ðžð§ð ðð¡ðžð§ð¬ ð²ð¨ð®ð« ðœð¨ð¦ð¦ð®ð§ð¢ðð².
As a volunteer, you support families, improve schools, support youth, and beautify the community. You get to invest in a world that you want to be part of.
5. ðˆð ð›ð«ð¢ð§ð ð¬ ð©ðžð¨ð©ð¥ðž ðð¨ð ðžðð¡ðžð«.
Not only does it build teamwork in general but it brings people from all different backgrounds to work towards a common goal. How powerful is that?!
4. ð˜ð¨ð® ð¥ðžðšð«ð§ ðš ð¥ð¨ð.
Volunteers have the opportunity to gain knowledge of local resources available to solve community needs. With certain organizations, they can learn about the functions and operations of our government. Volunteers discover hidden talents
3. ð˜ð¨ð® ð ðžð ðš ðœð¡ðšð§ðœðž ðð¨ ð ð¢ð¯ðž ð›ðšðœð¤.
People like to support community resources that they use themselves or benefit people they care about.
2. ð•ð¨ð¥ð®ð§ððžðžð«ð¢ð§ð ð©ð«ð¨ð¯ð¢ððžð¬ ðš ð¬ðžð§ð¬ðž ð¨ðŸ ð©ð®ð«ð©ð¨ð¬ðž.
You’re giving back to those that need it the most. Knowing that YOU are making things possible for others can create a sense of meaning. #motivation
And the number 1 reason to serve is...
1. ð˜ð¨ð® ð¦ðšð¤ðž ðš ðð¢ðŸðŸðžð«ðžð§ðœðž.
Every. person. counts!
No matter how big or small, YOU are creating CHANGE!â¤ï¸